Yesterday we had a magical visit with this guy:
I've written about our fabulous local aquarium before. We visit often and the kids are quite comfortable there. But, never, I mean never, have we had such a special animal encounter. We were there for a short visit at opening on Monday morning and this Beluga Whale just wanted to play with the kids.
He posed for the camera, swam up and down to be equal in height to either Isaac or Xavier and would react to them by opening his mouth, clicking or surfacing and "singing." Grandpa and I were amazed. Of course I and X had no idea how special this was.
These photos look photoshopped, but I swear they are untouched. I could have stayed there for a long time. I think maybe Monday mornings might be a good time to visit again.


Oh my! Incredible! I'm so glad you all had such a special encounter. I think it's good for the kids to see so early how spirited animals can be, and how they have personalities too. Wonderful! (And glad you had your trusty camera)
ReplyDeleteWow! That is soooo cool! i can't get over how friendly that whale was. Such an awesome experience for all!
ReplyDelete